- Which type of learning do we excel at? Which type are our students struggling in?
- What are your thoughts in regards to "baseless rules" as mentioned on page 62, line 21.
- These are our individual tricks that often times don't carry through from one teacher to another.
- "...given the perception that most students will not be able to think mathematically, there is little point in providing them more challenging tasks..."
- What are the ramifications of this statement?
- How are we doing on the unproductive vs. productive beliefs? What are your thoughts on them?
- Other thoughts?
Friday, April 11, 2014
Learning (Pages 61-71)
The 3rd section is all about student learning. Early in the section is mentions 5 types of learning. These are listed at the right in the poll question. Take a moment and rate how we are doing in DCE in regards to each type of learning.